WHAT DOES BIOGAS COMPRISE OF?
Biogas comprises of:
• Methane – 55 to 80%
• Carbon Dioxide – 15 to 40%
• H2S – 1000 to 35,000 ppm
• Humidity – 100% (Saturated)
• Calorific Value – 4500 to 6500 KCal /m3
WHERE DOES BIOGAS COME FROM?
Biogas comes from bio digestion of waste water from the following industries:
• Distilleries & Breweries.
• STP’s (Municipal solids, liquids & Landfills).
• Food & Agro Processing Units (Starch, Palm Oil &Food processing Units).
• Animal Droppings (Pigs, Poultry, Cattle etc)
WHAT CAN BE DONE WITH BIOGAS?
Presently – most industries are either flaring their biogas (if it is small quantity) OR burning it in a Boiler.
• Complete loss of energy.
• Corrosion of Stack as H2S in Biogas gets converted to H2SO4 and reduces the life of the stack.
In Burning in Boiler:
• Low boiler life as H2S in biogas gets converted to H2SO4 and corrodes the boiler tubes.
• High capital expenditure on Boiler, Turbine etc.
• Low thermal efficiency of conversion into power.
• High maintenance costs.
WHAT DO WE PROPOSE?
We propose that the H2S be scrubbed out of the biogas, using a BiogasClean SCRUBBER. This process will reduce the H2S quantity in the biogas to <200 ppm.
This biogas can then be used in a GAS ENGINE for direct production of exportable electricity. This power can be either used in your process or sold.
With a small investment, you may also install a waste heat recovery boiler to recover the heat from the engine jacket cooling water,and produce low pressure steam for use in your process.
For certain industries like Dairy and Starch, which need large quantities of refrigeration, this clean biogas can also be used in a Vapour Absorption Machine (VAM Chillers) to produce a huge amount of Refrigeration effect.
THE PROPOSAL SOUNDS INTERESTING!!
WHERE WILL THE COMPONENTS OF THIS SYSTEM COME FROM??
The H2S SCRUBBING SYSTEM is manufactured by DU Digital Processes (Pvt) Ltd in technical collaboration with M/s Biogsclean AP, a Denmark based company, which has been a pioneer in purely biological scrubbing of H2S. This system will be designed based on your production of biogas and the H2S and Methane content in it. This will have to be intimated by you to DU and can be verified by DU engineers using their own flow meter.
DU & BiogasClean have provided scrubbing systems for biogas emanating from all almost all substrates globally and have ample experience and expertise in this matter.
The GAS ENGINE can be procured from any of the reputed gas engine suppliers such as Caterpillar, General Electrics (GE), MWM, Gauscar, etc. DU & BiogasClean have worked with most suppliers globally, and can assist you in this matter.
The WASTE HEAT RECOVERY SYSTEM and VAM Chillers can be supplied through reputed local manufacturers.
WHY BIOLOGICAL SCRUBBING???
H2S can be scrubbed from biogas either using Chemical means or Biological means. Using the Chemical method of scrubbing involves a considerable high amount of regular operating expenses by way of higher power requirement and regular expense on chemicals. However,in using the Biogas Clean Scrubber the operating expenses are negligible. This makes a major impact in the overall cost and financial viability of the project. BiogasClean systems are also capable of providing very low levels of H2S , up to 50 ppm which further improve the financial viability of the project.
OUR BIGASCLEAN SCRUBBING PROJECTS IN INDIA
DU has so far received the orders for installation of the following projects in India.
1. The 60 MLD STP at Perungudi (Chennai): Produces 350 M3/hour biogas with 10,000 ppm of H2S. With the biogas scrubbing system commissioned by DU in December 2011. Cleans the biogas to <200 ppm of H2S . This biogas is used to generate electric power in a 1 MW gas engine.
2. NSL Koppa: This is a 60 KL distillery producing Ethenol. Their total biogas production is 650 M3 /hour with 30,000 ppm of H2S. A biogas scrubbing system commissioned by DU in December 2011. Cleans the biogas to <200 ppm of H2S. This biogas is used to generate electric power in a 1.4 MW gas engine with a waste heat recovery system.
3. Patanjali Food & Herbal Park, Haridwar produces waste water, generating 500 M3 /hour of biogas with 7500 ppm of H2S. A biogas scrubbing system is ready for commissioning by DU to give clean biogas with <200 ppm of H2S. This biogas will be used in a 1 MW gas engine with waste heat recovery system to generate electric power. This order was secured through M/s Kirloskar Integrated Technologies Ltd, Pune.
4. Vitthal Copporation Ltd, Sholapur (Maharashtra) generates 750 M3/hr of biogas. A biogas scrubbing system is being supplied for producing enough clean gas which will produce 1.4 MW of power when burnt in a gas engine.
5. Repeat order received from M/s Kirloskar Integrated Technologies Ltd, Pune for their food processing plant at Abohar,Punjab. A biogas scrubbing system is being supplied to M/s KITL MW of power when burnt in a gas engine.
For More Information visit website : http://www.digitalutilities.in/distillery/Distillery_powerbiogas.html